Monday, June 18, 2012

Bonjour a Paris!

On the 19th of April, S and I landed at Charles de Gaulle Airport, Paris. We had decided after our first Europe trip last year to return to Paris - to live here for three months. I have to admit, I felt a bit conflicted about this decision. On one hand, it is something that I have always wanted to do. On the other, a part of me was eager to start working full-time, to be living in Perth, to not be scrimping and saving anymore.

Now that I am here, I am SO glad we made this decision. Living in a city for an extended period of time is (obviously) so different to visiting it for a number of days. We are able to see and experience so much more, as well as get a real 'feel' for the city. We are staying in an apartment on the rue Saint Honore, right by the Louvre and the Jardin des Tuileries - one of my favourite places in Paris. We are also super close to another of my newly favourite places, the Jardin du Palais Royal. We are able to walk down along the Seine, stopping to look at the wares of the covered booksellers, and end up at Notre Dame. Or go the other, through the Tuileries, and go past the Grand Palais and hit up the Champs Elysees. We are discovering the best places (for us) to eat, drink and shop. We are taking French classes, and more and more things and starting to make sense - sometimes we are even able to short and simple conversations in French!

While I am developing my own personal style more and more - Paris street style is always inspiring! - I haven't gone crazy with the shopping. I have managed to save quite a bit, which I intend on using a lot of on the June sales. And although it sounds quite cheesy, I think that S and I have even grown a bit as a couple. Which is always a nice thing. I have been thinking more and more about my future and have made a decisions that I really hope I can stick to. Living in Paris really seems to clear your mind, haha.

Anyway, stay tuned for more updates on my life in Paris.

C xx




The courtyard of our Parisian apartment.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are having an amazing time over there. I can't wait to go back to Europe next week!

    Laura
    whitewintersblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really are ... I'm super excited for you! The weather is starting to settle down a bit which will be a good, and if I remember correctly, you will be reuniting with a special someone ... plus the sales are here! So, triple awesome for you! :)

    C xx

    ReplyDelete