Monday, August 2, 2010

What Goes Around

Part of the reason why I started this blog was to give my fashion choices a bit of a jumpstart. I’m starting to think that I have been in a bit of style rut lately. I am hoping that by having to record my stylings and have them open to, well, criticism and review, I will be more inspired to take more risks and be more creative.

Yesterday I tried to do just this. My sister and I decided to spend the afternoon wandering around Subiaco while her boyfriend was at the footy. My sister was feeling a bit blue due to a recent bad haircut and wanted some girly time, as well as help buying new hair products.

These were taken after I came home. Please forgive the very bad quality – they were taken using a self-timer and a not awesome camera. And then I decided to play around with them using Photofiltre, which has decided to switch itself into French mode. Sigh.





Top: Portmans. Shorts: Live. Scarf and stockings: Sportsgirl. Socks: Myer. Boots: Zomp.

You can’t really see it, but the stockings have hearts as the back seam – very cute. I actually love them, but they are really thin and delicate and I am slightly freaking out about ruining them. And then another part of me thinks, ‘Oh but that could be cool, kinda grungy-ish and fashion noir-y’. And then yet another part of me worries that I wouldn’t tear and rip them right and they really would be ruined. I am also slightly sceptical about being able to pull off the look without looking like a try-hard douche. Ohhhhhhhh the trials and tribulations and being a wannabe fashionista!

In other news, I have been offered a marketing internship at a hip-to-the-groove organisation here in Perth. They are a fashion and homeware wholesaler and retailer, with four (soon to be five) stores in the city. Tomorrow I have to go in to sort out my roster and duties and I cannot for the life of me decide what to wear. I know that it is not that big of a deal like an interview, but I still want to dress to impress, if you will. Everyone who works at this organisation is always VERY well dressed in what can only be termed ‘cool threads’. I cannot help but feel slightly intimidated, jealous and worried. If anyone has any ideas (if there is anyone reading this) please feel free to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment